1. Comparison among policies- The first and foremost thing to consider while renewing the car insurance policy is the fact that there is a wide variety of insurance covers in the market to choose from with absolutely no compulsion to continue with the same policy taken. In case you experience certain inadequacies in the interim of one year of the policy or you may wish to upgrade your policy as per the changing demands, then, you always have the option of switching to a new one. Before that, it is critical to take note of the varied policies available in the market and make a thorough comparative analysis.
2. Accurate Details in the Form- While filling up the form for car insurance renewal, it is utmost important to fill inaccurate details about your car and to the best of your knowledge so as to get a suitable policy by the company. Thus, it is advised to fill up the form in a relaxed state and on your own as you know your requirements better than any company agent.
3. Policy Record- Once you have renewed the policy, make sure to fill a copy in a file and keep it with for the record or if it’s a soft copy, then save it with you on a hard drive so as to not lose it. It’s important to maintain a proper record as it gives all information required at any point and leaves no room for any confusion when it comes to availing the No-Claim Bonus (NCB) or any other future claim.
4. Add on Covers- Before taking up any policy, it is vital to take note of all the add-on covers and go through them at length so as to choose wisely the ones that suit your needs instead of blindly going for everything and end up paying a huge amount unnecessarily.
5. Registration Certificate (RC)- While renewing your policy, also ensure that your RC is updated with your present address, name and other details. Also, see to it that the vehicle specifications are accurate and the details mentioned on the RC are in sync with the policy details.
1. No blank columns in the form- Do ensure that you end up leaving no columns in the form blank or unanswered that may impact your policy renewal in an adverse way. Instead, one must provide all possible information, just to be sure to be taking the right help from the insurance company.
2. Not to miss timeline for renewal- Keeping in mind the expiry of the car insurance plan is critical not just from the perspective of any damage occurring in the interim when you are uncovered but also for saving up on the late renewal charges if any by the company. Moreover, it gives one time to think and then act rather than being in a hurry to insure with the first plan that comes your way.